Description of Order Flow Dynamics Course
In the Order Flow Dynamics course, we concentrate on the representation of traded price activity by observing the footprints left by traders which are the result of supply, demand, human emotion and market expectations.
Traders often suffer from “analysis paralysis” as they are overcome by a tremendous amount of useless and complicated technical analysis. Most of the time a few simple studies of the data in front of you provides you the critical information needs to make a good trading decision.
The hardest part of order flow is reading the order flow. You have to know how to read it. It take a little while to learn how to read order flow, but it is definitely worth it.
The purpose of this course is to enhance your market understanding. Your future success is your responsibility. Remember there is no automatic, foolproof formula or trading system.
What you will learn in Order Flow Dynamics Course?
Module 1: Trade What’s Right In Front Of You
- Think beyond what just traded in terms of price. Look at how much and how the market traded at a price. Order flow allows you to see very precisely where volume is transacting in relation to overall market structure.
Module 2: Market Internals
- The reason most traders fail is because they focus solely on price. They disregard volume and more importantly they disregard how market trades in the two way auction. There is a lot of important data points that come out of the order flow if you know how to read them and apply them in your trading.
Module 3: Cumulative Delta
- The cumulative delta running total of aggressive buyers against aggressive sellers. Learn what makes the cumulative delta information useful to the trader and how to apply it. A lot of traders miss the point of cumulative delta and ultimately disregard it, yet there are instances where cumulative delta can pinpoint market turning points very accurately.
Module 4: Trading Vertical Versus Horizontal
- Markets move vertically and horizontally. When a market moves horizontally, profits opportunities are limited. But when a market moves vertically, profit potential is great. However, the problem is most traders fail to capitalize on vertically moving markets because they only see the vertical move well after the fact. In this module you will learn how to determine if a market is getting ready for a vertical move.
Module 5: Fresh Money In The Order Flow
- Fresh money is important to the market because it often comes from pure long term traders who don’t analyze charts because they trade sentiment and value. When these long term traders come into the market, their size is so big THEY are the ones who start trends. As order flow trader you want to capitalize on this fresh money flowing into the market because you will find yourself in easy working trades.
Module 6: Order Flow Rotations
- Markets spend a lot of time rotating. Rotation is the natural ebb and flow of the market. Learn how to determine a market’s rotation and use it to your advantage. When you understand a market’s rotation it will help you get better entries which will ultimately improve your trading results.
Module 7: Recognizing Initiative & Responsive Order Flow
- Order flow shows how many initiative buyers and sellers were present at every price as well as responsive buyers and sellers were present. Long term players dictate trends and when the volume they wish to trade cannot be satisfied at one price their perception of value shifts and price starts to trend. This is initiative activity. Responsive activity is when long term traders dictate the end of a trend by withdrawing their initiative activity. In this module I dig deeper into reading the order flow for initiative and responsive activity in the market.
Module 8: Trading The Stop Hunt
- Losing traders always think other traders are out gunning for their stops. That is actually not really the case. Often times they place their stops at poor locations and get caught up in other, bigger stops being triggered. I explain how to determine in the order flow a stop being triggered and how you can take advantage of it for quick profits.
Module 9: Dynamic Order Flow Trade Set Ups
In this module you will learn 7 order flow trade set ups:
- The Five
- Oops POC
- Parallel Bars
- Naked POCs
- Layering In
- Bid/Ask Ratio
- Delta Pair Ups
Module 10: Risk, Money & Trade Management
- Losses are a part of trading. That is a fact. It is part of doing business. That is why you have to control your losses. Keep them small and manageable. Don’t let one loss be the cause of your entire trading career failure. A loss should not be a bullet to the head. It should be more of a punch to the body. One that you can take and keep going.
Module 11: Use Order Flow To Let Winners Run
- Every trading book and guru says “the key to success is to cut losses short and let your winners run.” One of the hardest aspects of trading for many traders is knowing how to let winners run. Order flow will help you see when to cut your losses early and stay in winning trades longer. Being able to let your winning trades run longer is often the difference between success and failure for many traders.
Module 12: Putting It All Together
- Order flow is not some indicator, it is the market. Now that you understand how to read the order flow, you will see the market unfolding like a book. Learn how to apply what you have learned in this course and apply it to your own trading plan.
About Michael Valtos
My name is Michael Valtos and I was institutional Futures trader for 20 years.
In 2015, I started Orderflows.com to teach retail traders how to properly trade order flow through the footprint chart.
I am not saying that I have discovered the Holy Grail of trading, but I do believe that I have an advantage over other educators in that I have actively traded the markets and researched the markets for over 20 years at institutional trading firms and not as a small account retail trader. I have insights in to how the market moves that other just don’t have.
More courses from the same author: Orderflows