Description of Understand the Stock Market and How it Works
Learn the basics of investing in the stock market
Learn the proper basics and foundation of the stock market before you invest so you have a trading edge! Understand how the Stock Market works & use it to your advantage.
What will you learn in Understand the Stock Market and How it Works?
Module 1: Course Introduction
In this module we will do a course overview, and we’ll talk about why you would want to learn about the stock market. You will learn:
- What you will learn in this course
- Two things that slow down your learning
- Why you should learn about the stock market
- What is the stock market?
- What is attractive about the stock market?
- The 5 stages of learning to trade
- The three financial reasons to trade stocks
Module 2: The Big Picture to Investing
In the second module you will learn some basic concepts about trading and the stock market. The topics we will cover include:
- What is a stock?
- What is the stock market?
- What creates the market?
- Why do stocks move?
Module 3: Why Invest & How You Make Money!
In module 3 we will talk about why you should invest in stocks and how you actually make money in the market. Some of the topics that we cover include:
- Why should you invest in stocks?
- How you make money in the stock market
- How appreciation works
- How dividends work
Module 4: Industry Basics
In this module we will go a little more in depth on the basics of the industry. You will learn:
- What happens when a company goes public
- How the order process works in the stock market
- What are indices?
- List of indeces
- What are ETF’s?
- List of ETF’s
Module 5: The Game of Wall Street
In this video you will learn about the game of Wall Street and how the game is played. You will learn:
- What you can trade in the market
- Trading time zones
- How the money flow works in the market
- Program trading
- High frequency trading
- What should be your goal in the market
- Key things you should focus on when it comes to trading
- What is a portfolio?
- Diversification and how it works
Module 6: Before You Start Trading
In this module we will talk about some things you need to take into account before you get started in the stock market. You will learn:
- Books to start with
- My books
- Things you need, to trade in the stock market
- List of brokers
- How to choose a broker
- What is important in a broker
- Common account types
- Everything about starting capital
Module 7: The Trader In You
In module 7 we will talk about your goal as a trader and the types of traders there are. some of the topics we’ll cover are:
- What should be your ultimate goal as a trader?
- The importance of being comfortable
- How good are you?
- The 40-60 rule
- The three types of traders
- Pros and cons of day trading
- Pros and cons of swing trading
- Pros and cons of long term trading
- Common trading strategies
- Why you should have a trading journal
Module 8: Trading Mindset
In this module we will cover everything you need to know about the mental game when it comes to trading. You will learn:
- When should you buy stocks?
- Buying stocks to average up
- Why you should buy higher priced stocks?
- Dealing with losses
- Why you should avoid getting influenced by external sources of information
- Creating your own system
- Outer game vs. Inner game
- Technicals vs. Fundamentals
- The importance of managing trades
- Dealing with negative people
- The tax mentality
Module 9: Why Most Traders Fail
In module 9 you will learn what are the main reasons why most traders are not successful, so that you can avoid them. We will cover:
- Why you should never trade without a system
- Why it’s important to adapt to market conditions
- Having unrealistic expectations
- Poor risk and money management
- The consequences of over leveraging
- The importance of patience
- Trading and emotions
- Trading with computers and professionals
- Avoiding information overload
- The importance of education
Module 10: Going Long vs Going Short
In this module you will learn the difference between going long vs. going short in the stock market, and how to make money from each one. You will learn:
- The meaning of going long vs. going short
- Bull vs. Bear
- Risk profile when going long
- Risk profile when going short
Module 11: Finding Good Stocks to Invest In
In module 11 you will learn how to analyze and choose the right stocks. Some of the topics we will cover are:
- Types of stocks
- Ways to find stocks
- Two ways to analyze stocks
- Fundamental analysis
- Technical analysis
- Industries & sectors
Module 12: Executing Orders & Placing Trades
In this module I will show you exactly how to execute orders and place trades in the stock market. Some of the topics we will cover are:
- Understanding ticker symbols
- Prices of stocks
- Position sizing
- The most common types of orders
- How to execute an order
- Pros and cons of margin
Module 13: Common Questions & Answers
In this module I will answer some of the most common questions beginner traders ask. Some of the questions we will answer are:
- What are stock splits?
- Why do you need a system?
- What is the purpose of setting trading rules?
- What is the difference between rules and a system?
- How much money do you need to start trading?
- Why should you learn to trade rather than using a full-service broker?
- Which broker should you use?
- Can you become a millionare trading stocks?
- How much return can you expect to make?
- Will someone always buy my stock when I want to sell it?
- What is hedging?
- What happens when interest rates are raised or lowered?
- What is the VIX?
Module 14: Final Words & Resources
In this module I will give you some additional resources and some final steps to get your started trading stocks in no time. We will talk about:
- Great resources
- My personal resources
- Your next steps
More courses from the same author: Rise2learn