Description of The Intelligent Investor Video Course
For many new investors, they purchase Benjamin Graham’s The Intelligent Investor Video Course because it was the #1 resource for billionaire Warren Buffett. But once the book arrives, they struggle to understand the fancy terminology and financial jargon. If you have no formal background on investing and finance, understanding these terms and complex concepts may be quite a challenge. That’s where Stig’s course is different. It makes the book accessible and easy to understand.
What will you learn in The Intelligent Investor Video Course?
01 INVESTMENT VERSUS SPECULATION
- In this chapter, Stig distinguishes between speculators and investors, and between passive investors and active investors.
02 THE INVESTOR AND INFLATION
- Stig discusses in this chapter what inflation is. He also discusses inflation in bond investing and inflation in stock investing.
03 A CENTURY OF STOCK MARKET HISTORY
- This chapter outlines the history of stock market performance.
04 GENERAL PORTFOLIO POLICY – THE DEFENSIVE INVESTOR
- In this chapter, Stig explains what the optimal asset allocation is.
05 THE DEFENSIVE INVESTOR AND COMMON STOCKS
- In this chapter, Stig outlines the four rules to selecting stocks.
06 PORTFOLIO POLICY FOR THE ENTERPRISING INVESTOR – NEGATIVE APPROACH
- Stig explains in this chapter what an enterprising investor should not do.
07 PORTFOLIO POLICY FOR THE ENTERPRISING INVESTOR – THE POSITIVE SIDE
- Here, Stig explains why you should buy relatively unpopular large companies and why you should buy at bargain prices.
08 THE INVESTOR AND MARKET FLUCTUATIONS
- This chapter introduces Mr. Market.
09 INVESTING IN INVESTMENT FUNDS
- In this chapter, Stig discusses what a mutual fund is. He also explains what an ETF is.
10 THE INVESTOR AND HIS ADVISERS
- Stig enumerates in this chapter the different types of free stock market advice.
11 SECURITY ANALYSIS FOR THE LAY INVESTOR – GENERAL APPROACH
- This chapter focuses on understanding the purpose of Security Analysis.
12 THINGS TO CONSIDER ABOUT PER-SHARE EARNINGS
- In this chapter, Stig explains how and why the investor should be cautious about earnings per share.
13 A COMPARISON OF FOUR LISTED COMPANIES
- In this chapter, Stig teaches you how to evaluate a stock.
14 STOCK SELECTION FOR THE DEFENSIVE INVESTOR
- This chapter talks about stock selection using the Dow Jones approach and the Quantitative approach.
15 STOCK SELECTION FOR THE ENTERPRISING INVESTOR
- In this chapter, Stig talks about beating the stock market. He also talks about how and why a stock screener should be used.
16 CONVERTIBLE ISSUES AND WARRANTS
- What are Convertible Issues? Should you buy them? This chapter examines convertibility.
17 FOUR EXTREMELY INSTRUCTIVE CASE HISTORIES
- This chapter talks about missing tax payments, debt financed growth, and misalignment between price and value.
18 A COMPARISON OF EIGHT PAIRS OF COMPANIES
- In this chapter, Stig teaches you how to examine seemingly similar companies.
19 SHAREHOLDERS AND MANAGEMENTS – DIVIDEND POLICY
- In this chapter, Stig talks about dividend.
20 “MARGIN OF SAFETY” AS THE CENTRAL CONCEPT OF INVESTING
- This chapter explains what margin of safety is. It also enumerates the 4 most important learning objectives from the course.
More courses from the same author: Stig Brodersen