Master accounting topics that pose a particular challenge to finance professionals. Includes 6+ hours of step-by-step video instruction filled with real world exercises for advanced accounting.
Complex Accounting Topics Demystified:
- A practical look at the “blind spots” of accounting — topics that appear frequently in real-world financial analysis but aren’t covered in most accounting courses.
- Covers stock based compensation, deferred taxes, financial instruments, debt accounting, lease Accounting, M&A accounting and more
- Filled with step-by-step exercises encountered on the job.
What You’ll Learn In Advanced Accounting?
Chapter 1: Deferred Taxes
1. Advanced Accounting Course Welcome
2. Course Downloads
3. Introduction to Deferred Taxes
4. Deferred Tax Liabilities Exercise, Part 1
5. Deferred Tax Liabilities Exercise, Part 2
6. Book vs. Tax Basis
7. Deferred Tax Assets Exercise, Part 1
8. Deferred Tax Assets Exercise, Part 2
9. Introduction to NOLs
10. NOLs illustration
11. NOLs-related tax journal entries
12. NOLs exercise solution
13. Valuation Allowance
14. Valuation Allowance Journal Entries
15. Presentation of NOLs in Financials
Chapter 2: Stock Based Compensation
16. Stock Based Compensation
17. Stock Based Compensation Accounting: Journal Entries
Chapter 3: Intercompany Investments
18. Introduction to Intercompany Investments
19. Trading, Available for Sale & Held to Maturity Securities
20. Equity Method, Part 1
21. Equity Method, Part 2
22. Deferred Taxes & Dividends Received Deductions Arising From Equity Investments
23. Paying in Excess of Book Value Under Equity Method
24. Paying in Excess of BV Exercise
25. Consolidation Method & Noncontrolling Interests, Part 1
26. Consolidation Method & Noncontrolling Interests, Part 2
27. Consolidation Method & Paying in Excess of BV
28. Advanced Accounting Review 1
Chapter 4: Debt Accounting; PIK; Capitalized Interest; OID & OIP
29. Introduction & PIK Debt
30. Capitalized Interest
31. Original Issue Discount
32. OID Zero Coupon Exercise
33. OID With Coupon Exercise
34. OIP With Coupon Exercise
35. Debt Accounting: Financing Fees
36. Deferred Taxes Arising from OID & OIP
37. Deferred Taxes Arising from OID & OIP, Exercise 1
38. Deferred Taxes Arising from OID & OIP, Exercise 2
39. Deferred Taxes Arising from OID & OIP, Exercise 3
Chapter 5: Lease Accounting
40. Introduction to Lease Accounting
41. Lease accounting IFRS vs. US GAAP
42. Lease Presentation on the Balance Sheet
43. Operating Lease Accounting Overview
44. Exercise: Straight-Line Rent Expense
45. Exercise: ROU and Lease Liability Initial Entries
46. Imputed Interest
47. ROU Depreciation Amortization
48. Lease Liability Accounting
49. ROU Asset and Lease Liability Roll-Forward
50. Operating Lease Journal Entries
51. Finance vs Operating Lease Classification
52. Finance Lease Accounting
53. Finance Lease Roll Forwards
54. Lease Footnote Disclosures
55. Cash Flow Statement Leases Presentation
56. Lease Accounting Summary
Chapter 6: Lease Accounting Nuances
57. Impact of Lease Commencement Payment
58. Lease Liability Rollforward Walk Though
59. ROU Exercise: Operating Leases
60. ROU Exercise: Operating Leases Walk Through
61. Exercise: Finance Leases
Chapter 7: Stock Sale v Asset Sale
62. Stock Sale v. Asset Sale Intro
63. Tax Basis Step Ups in Stock sale vs Asset sale
64. Quantifying PV of Acquirer Tax Benefits in Tax Basis Step Up
65. Seller Preferences in M&A Deal Structuring
66. Calculating Target Proceeds in M&A in Asset vs. Stock Sale
67. Taxable Sales: Introduction and Acquirer Perspective
68. Taxable Sales including 338(h)(10): Target Perspective
69. NOLs in M&A
70. NOLS in M&A exercise
71. NOLs for 80%+ owned subsidiaries
72. Selling S-Corporations and subsidiaries
73. Aggregate Deemed Sales Price (ADSP)
74. Taxable Sales Exercise
75. Nontaxable Sales
76. Advanced Accounting Review 3
Who is Advanced Accounting for?
This advanced accounting course is designed for professionals and those pursing a career in the following finance careers:
- Investment Banking
- Buy-Side Equity Research
- Sell-Side Equity Research
- Private Equity
- Credit Research
- FP&A and Corporate Finance
More courses from the same author: Wall Street Prep
When will I receive my course?
You will receive a link to download your course immediately or within 1 to 21 days. It depends on the product you buy, so please read the short description of the product carefully before making a purchase.
How is my course delivered?
We share courses through Google Drive, so once your order is complete, you’ll receive an invitation to view the course in your email.
To avoid any delay in delivery, please provide an Gmail and enter your email address correctly in the Checkout Page.
In case you submit a wrong email address, please contact us to resend the course to the correct email.
How do I check status of my order?
Please log in to TradingAZ account then go to Order Page. You will find all your orders includes number, date, status and total price.
If the status is Processing: Your course is being uploaded. Please be patient and wait for us to complete your order. If your order has multiple courses and one of them has not been updated with the download link, the status of the order is also Processing.
If the status is Completed: Your course is ready for immediate download. Click “VIEW” to view details and download the course.
Where can I find my course?
Once your order is complete, a link to download the course will automatically be sent to your email.
You can also get the download link by logging into your TradingAZ account then going to Downloads Page.