Description of Equities Markets Certification (EMC)
This self-paced EMC certification program prepares trainees with the skills they need to succeed as an Equities Markets Trader on either the Buy Side or Sell Side.
While other Equities Markets courses add formulas and complexity to hide the lack of real-world experience, Wall Street Prep’s Equities Markets Certification was created by former sales and trading professionals focused on what interns, new hires, and early career analysts need to know on the job.
Designed following extensive discussion with hiring managers at major investment banks, we built our Equities Markets program around gaining the practical knowledge needed of growing markets such as ETFs, Delta One and Prime Brokerage.
This course is career-focused. We begin with an overview of how a individual stocks are traded on an exchange. Then we analyze the drivers of a company’s public valuation using the Bloomberg Excel Add-In and the investor relations role; proceed to discuss equity indices and different approaches in the market to invest in these indices including asset managers, ETFs, futures and Delta One; and conclude with a discussion of securities lending and prime brokerage, analyzing how asset managers lend hedge funds the shares to short.
What will you learn in Equities Markets Certification (EMC)?
- Master the technical skills and concepts that Equities traders are expected to know on the trading floor
- Learn how to chart, graph and analyze stocks, indices and futures on Bloomberg
- Speak and understand the trader jargon
- Analyze company financials using the Bloomberg Excel-Add In
- Demystify the Buy-Side business model and learn how Asset Managers and Hedge Funds are paid and their economic drivers and priorities
- Learn how ETF Traders profit from arbitrage opportunities
- Compare funded investment options (Mutual Funds, ETFs) with Unfunded investment Options (Futures and Equity Swaps)
- Discover how derivatives are traded, margined, and hedged
- Understand how to “short a stock” and the Securities Lending process
- Demystify Hedge Fund Trading strategies
Eric is the lead instructor for Wall Street Prep’s Capital Markets and Sales & Trading programs. Eric’s financial markets career began after he was a finalist for J.P. Morgan’s Fantasy Futures trading competition. Eric worked at J.P. Morgan for 10 years across DCM, Syndicate and Sales & Trading Roles, including in the Cross Asset Sales & Structuring group with trade execution experience across all asset classes. Eric is an expert in International Markets and Cross-Border transactions with global work experience in New York, London, Hong Kong and Tokyo.
More courses from the same author: Wall Street Prep