Description of Self Study Programs (Premium Package)
Used widely at top investment banks and financial institutions, the Premium Package has everything you need to master financial and valuation modeling. Learn financial statement modeling, DCF, Trading and Transaction Comps, M&A and LBO.
The Premium Package is designed for students and professionals pursuing careers in investment banking, private equity, corporate finance and equity research. You will follow along with the instructor step by step and build real financial models in Excel from scratch using actual case studies, current methodologies and best practices. It will give you an in-depth understanding of financial statement modeling, DCF, Comps, M&A and LBO modeling.
This program pulls no punches — it is the exact same comprehensive training program top investment banks and financial institutions use to prepare analysts and associates for the desk. By the end, you will have mastered financial and valuation modeling and developed the core investment banking skill set that will give you a competitive edge in interviews and on the job.
What will you learn in Self Study Programs (Premium Package)?
Financial Statement Modeling
- Financial Statement Modeling is the foundation of all subsequent valuation modeling modules. Trainees learn how to build full, dynamic financial statement projection models in Excel from scratch, using real case studies, industry best practices, and sensitivity analyses. Simple, intuitive, step-by-step instructions reinforce theoretical intuition while teaching the mechanics of the model building process.
- Build a complete, working discounted cash flow (DCF) model in Excel from scratch, using a real case study, industry best practices, and sensitivity analyses. DCF analysis is both academically respected and widely used on Wall Street as a primary method of valuation. Many finance interview questions specifically test a candidate’s understanding of both the academics and mechanics behind the DCF.
Trading Comps Modeling
- “Comps” analysis is the quickest, most widely used valuation methodology, and fundamental part of the core valuation skill set of investment bankers and finance professionals. In this course, trainees learn how to select and “scrub” comparables, pick the right multiples and build dynamic comps models in Excel from scratch, using real case studies, industry best practices, and sensitivity analyses.
Transaction Comps Modeling
- Transaction comps (aka deal or transaction comps) is a variant of comparables valuation. Value of the firm is derived by assessing the value of comparable companies recently acquired. In this step-by-step, real case study course, you’ll learn how to select comparable acquisitions, find important disclosures in filings, spread the data and build a complete transaction comps model in Excel.
Accretion Dilution (M&A) Modeling
- How do professionals at investment banks, private equity firms and other financial institutions analyze the impact of mergers & acquisitions? In this course, you’ll learn how to build a real M&A (accretion/dilution) model in Excel from scratch. In addition, you will build a contribution, synergy and exchange ratio analysis, and learn key M&A accounting concepts.
- LBO models are used widely by investment banks and private equity firms to assess investor returns as well as to value a business in the event of a buyout. You will build a real leveraged buyout (LBO) model from scratch, using real case studies, industry best practices, and sensitivity analyses.
More courses from the same author: Wall Street Prep