When it comes to beating the stock market, there are few strategies that can offer such consistent returns as the strategy of trend following.
Trend followers made a killing in 2008 when the whole financial system was in meltdown and they made millions in 2014, just when the sceptics were saying the strategy was dead.
To be sure, most big trend following funds operate in the realm of managed futures but there is significant evidence that trend following can be applied just as successfully to stocks.
On Trend Following Stocks, you will learn the full rules to an original trend following strategy that can be used in the stock market. Rules that anyone can master and put into practice with just a couple of hours work a week.
The trend following for stocks strategy is suitable for:
- Full-time and part-time traders.
- Investors seeking to diversify their existing portfolios.
- Traders and investors looking to passively build wealth and income.
- Those seeking alternate investment strategies.
- Quantitative traders and Amibroker users
What You’ll Learn In Trend Following Stocks?
- Important Disclaimer
- How to take this course
Trend Following Theory
- What is trend following?
- Trend following performance
- Examples of big, money-making trends
- Managed futures vs. stocks
- Is this momentum or trend following?
- Criticism of trend following
- 30 rules for trend following stocks
Principles For This Course
- Our mission statement
- Tools we will be using
- Data issues: Survivorship bias & back-adjusted data
- Optimisation or walk forward?
- A word about diversification and compounding
- The objective function – Bliss
Building The Trading System
- Entry criteria/ system buy rules
- Exit criteria/ system sell rules
- Position sizing/ risk
- Adding a market timing element
- Full system rules in plain language
- Two Ways To Run The System: Loose Vs. Strict
Performance Of The Trading System
- Testing The System On US Stocks – Results
- Full summary of results
- Top trading system winners
- Top trading system losers
- Performance analysis by sector
Scrutinising & Stress Testing The System
- Starting capital requirements
- Monte carlo analysis – robustness test
- Full summary of stress test results
Amibroker Code & Additional Settings
- Amibroker System Code
- Amibroker System Code – Use With Premium Data
- Amibroker System Code – Use With Premium Data
- Monte Carlo code add-in
- Data coverage: Norgate Premium Data
- Additional Amibroker settings
Taking The Trading System Live
- How to trade the trading system live
- Extra considerations
- Trend following difficulties
- How To Scan For New Highs And More Options
- Tax implications
- Do nothing – reinvest dividends
- Cherry picking signals
- Combining systems
- Adding shorts
- Using margin
- ETFs for diversification
- Pyramiding trades
My name’s Joe Marwood and I’m a trader originally from London, England. I’ve been trading trend following systems on stocks for years and over the next couple of hours, I will build and then disclose this complete trend following strategy for stocks that has been rigorously tested on historical stock market data.
I go through the fundamentals of trend following, the theory, the secrets, and the steps necessary to build a robust and reliable trend trading strategy.
I also record live system back-tests so you can see the real, unaltered, system results and the system equity curve for yourself.
This is a strategy that is simple enough for any investor to understand yet sophisticated enough to show incredible annual returns versus the benchmark. It’s a strategy that has been able to capture some huge multi-week trends in some of the best stocks on the market. And this strategy can be applied to other global stock markets too.
More courses from the same author: Marwood Research
When will I receive my course?
You will receive a link to download your course immediately or within 1 to 21 days. It depends on the product you buy, so please read the short description of the product carefully before making a purchase.
How is my course delivered?
We share courses through Google Drive, so once your order is complete, you’ll receive an invitation to view the course in your email.
To avoid any delay in delivery, please provide an Gmail and enter your email address correctly in the Checkout Page.
In case you submit a wrong email address, please contact us to resend the course to the correct email.
How do I check status of my order?
Please log in to TradingAZ account then go to Order Page. You will find all your orders includes number, date, status and total price.
If the status is Processing: Your course is being uploaded. Please be patient and wait for us to complete your order. If your order has multiple courses and one of them has not been updated with the download link, the status of the order is also Processing.
If the status is Completed: Your course is ready for immediate download. Click “VIEW” to view details and download the course.
Where can I find my course?
Once your order is complete, a link to download the course will automatically be sent to your email.
You can also get the download link by logging into your TradingAZ account then going to Downloads Page.